Oh, this and that.

The sky has been mostly overcast of late, so my taking quality pictures has been slightly hamstrung. I still need to get used to this version of 'summer'! Here is a quick shot from the central, Mitte area, right after some showers.


While on my way to explore a new exercise/ yoga studio nearby, I saw an interesting looking apartment building which appears to be fully 'decorated' on the ground level. Perhaps it's partially squatted. There's a definite rebellious streak to this part of Berlin.


In other small news, a nice friend made us an adorable baby blanket with two fabrics I recently bought at perhaps the cutest store on earth: Frieda Hain. The fabric link doesn't do justice to this store, but here it is anyway. If I get back there, I will document the cuteness for sale.

http://www.friedahain.de/index.php/naehstuebchen/stoffe





Below are details from the print side that she cleverly cut out and sewed on to adorn the sheepy side. (Thank you, Tanja!)



My new motto might become: "Make your own sunshine" and not the tanning bed variety.

UPDATE: So, the sun creeped out this evening after another shower. I immediately started enjoying the light and snapping away in a neighborhood I like a lot. It's still light here even after suppertime. Here's what I saw:








I particularly like the dainty and effortless body language of this rather massive sculpture:)



Comments

Popular Posts