In and around Mitte and F-hain

After we semi gave up on Ikea for the day (endless search for outfitting home life,) we found more success enjoying the city by foot and subway. I met an Israeli girl on the U-bahn train which was fun. Just busted out my Hebrew in an introduction when I saw the Hebrew book she was reading. We connected over languages and Tel Aviv-based jewelry artists. Then went to a friend's photography exhibit in a very cool neighborhood, close to where we'll live soon. A great warm evening- borderline hot really. The local bars and restaurants were overflowing with people on patios. Good times, Berlin...










Comments

  1. Ellie, I've been meaning to communicate for the longest time but suffice it to say that the moment I heard your good news, I was thrilled for you and Henning. And now you're in Berlin already--wow. This is certainly one of "those times" in your life when you seem to be living several lives on top of each other. Just know that I'm thinking about you and Henning and hoping every day that your Berlin stay will unfold gloriously. Also thinking about that little girl--Lucien's future cousin. Carol says you're collecting family names. In my family (and yours) the names tend to be ordinary generic (Susan, Carol, Nancy, Alice, etc. But some are a step or two up: Penelope, Claire, Cordelia, Shannon. Whatever. I'm sure the name you come up with will be perfect. Just don't call her Chopped Liver or Late For Dinner. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill! Thanks for following and sharing your thoughts here. :) Yes, it's certainly a layered experience. I'm grateful for your insights and family name ideas. Much love right back to you and all.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts