Bastille Birthday Bliss

Hello there. I had a lovely birthday weekend and wanted to share some highlights below. Thanks for cards, calls and posts!

The weekend started out well with yoga and a haircut. I was the only person in my yoga class, so had a one-on-one tutorial in a mix of German and English. That was fun and new! I guess the humidity and vacations emptied out the studio. Later H and I walked to dinner in our neighborhood:



The night before my birthday, Germany won the WORLD CUP! What a gift. :) It's been 24 years since that last happened. Here's the amazing Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer hugging German Chancellor Angela Merkel. (She's a big soccer fan and hung out with the team afterwards, taking selfies... :)



Then came the fireworks and endless street parties:


Of course I have fond memories of Argentina, but I'm quite in awe of the entire German 'Mannschaft', so was thrilled for them and for Germany. And now some internet humor:


On my actual Geburtstag (birthday,) we first had home-made cake by my in-laws and then explored an Island of Youth, Insel der Jugend, one of many small land masses amid Berlin's many rivers.




There were many swans and ducks and various types of rental boats about:






The wildflowers were in full bloom and I learned that each major tree in Berlin is assigned a number!
I guess I should not be surprised by this; it's quite orderly and probably makes tree care more accurate.




Since I made it to Germany for my Bastille Birthday, some time I hope to make to France! I hear it's quite the party there on that day. I'll leave you with a rather cute image of some of my tiny doll furniture that I discovered this week while unpacking. Rather appropriate for this moment: ladder, tools, cake and a baby bed. Just like home...Ruler shown for scale. :)


Thanks for visiting! Until next time.


Comments

  1. Love this post. Thanks so much for keeping us updated--and with such beautiful pictures. Can't wait to come see you in your intriguing new city. Yay! Land masses amid Berlin's many rivers. Wow. Yes.
    And the doll furniture. Hooray.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts